What is a Detox?
A detox is a process of removing toxins from your body, toxins can cause disease and/or damage body tissue.
A good detox is a no brainer, it gets rid of toxins in your body and helps you feel healthy and fresh.
If you’re not totally convinced we’ve listed 5 reasons why detoxing is a great idea to help you feeling great.
1. Removal of toxins from your body.
- Toxins can be stored for years in your cells and the tissue of your body leaving you at risk of disease and could be one cause of obesity.
2. Boost your immune system
- Detoxing on a regular basis can help give your immune system a bit of a boost. A body full of toxins maybe susceptible to regular colds and flu making you feel down and groggy.
3. Lose weight
- Toxins in your body can most significantly affect your metabolic rate, the faster your metabolism the quicker your body can break down fats in your body. If you have a low metabolism you could find it hard to lose weight quicker than someone with a fast metabolism.
4. Feel more energetic
- Having a body free of toxins could help you feel much more energetic, helping you sleep better and feeling more relaxed.
5. Healthy looking skin
- the toxins in your body have a direct effect on the quality of your skin. Those who detox regularly have a healthy looking glow with a reduction of spots and acne.
How To Detox
A good detox isn’t a diet and shouldn’t be too regimented, a good food guide or flexible eating plan that contains foods that are low in toxins is more beneficial. Our 14 Day Teatox consists of a green tea that is designed to cleanse your digestive system whilst at the same time helping you to burn more fat and calories. It also comes with a free flexible eating plan full of easy to prepare meals that will help you achieve your personal goals.
Fasting or skipping meals is not healthy, yes you can reduce the amount of toxins in your body by not eating but this comes at a massive cost to your body and some very nasty side effects. We urge you to read the effects of fasting on the NHS website.